Monday, February 22, 2016

The Simple Art of Origami by Mari Ono {Written by Cassie}

  About:

Make beautiful items for the home and gifts for loved ones with these beautiful paper projects inspired by the Far East. THE SIMPLE ART OF ORIGAMI reveals the best of true Japanese design, focusing on understanding and using paper in a modern and authentic style to make beautiful gifts, decorations, and more. 

About the Author:

Born in Japan, Mari Ono worked as a graphic designer and crafter in Tokyo during the 1980s and 1990s. Now living in the UK with her artist husband, Takumasa Ono, she runs art and cultural exchange courses promoting Japanese crafts and contributes regularly to Japanese craft and interiors magazines. Her other books include ORIGAMI FOR CHILDREN, MORE ORIGAMI FOR CHILDREN, ORIGAMI FARM, WILD AND WONDERFUL ORIGAMI, FLY, ORIGAMI, FLY, and DINOGAMI, all available from CICO Books.

In My Opinion:

This Origami book has beautiful pictures, easy to follow instructions and unique paper. For a beginner like me it was nice to see that each project was based on beginner level to expert. I especially loved the design of the crane. This book is recommended to someone who is interested in learning the simple art of origami. 


Disclaimer: I received one or more of the products or services for free in the hope that I would mention them on my blog and offer an honest review. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews