Friday, December 4, 2015

Sweets & Treats with Six Sisters' Stuff {Written by Emilee}

Hey all! Christmas is just around the corner and I have the perfect book for you to give to a friend, neighbor or family member. The Six Sisters have created a book just for dessert lovers like me. Isn't that divine? Their book is called,

Sweets & Treats with Six Sisters' Stuff
100 + Desserts, Gift Ideas, And Traditions for the Whole Family



Here is a sample of what you will find in their incredible book...



About:

After growing up in a close-knit family in Utah, the sisters scattered across the country when they went off to college, got married, and had kids. To keep in touch, they started the Six Sis­ters’ Stuff blog, which (much to their surprise!) attracted a massive following. Today, SixSis­tersStuff.com is an Internet sensation filled with recipes, meal planners, DIY projects, and more!

At the core of the Six Sisters’ brand are home-grown values: a devotion to family, love, and togetherness. And delicious, lovingly prepared food, of course!

SWEETS & TREATS is a treasure trove of ideas for the fun parent. Whether it’s for a special occasion or a festive after school snack, kids will be dazzled by Homemade Twix Bars, Circus Animal Truffles, Samoa Cupcakes, or Churro Chex Mix! Rock the school bake sales with spins on the classics —from Reese’s Brownies to Butterscotch Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies. And the recipes are so easy that kids can even bake along!

For party time, after dinner, or even just some well-deserved self-indulgence , SWEETS & TREATS is filled to the brim with cakes, pies, and other swoon-worthy delights like Brownie Caramel Cheesecake, Mini Pumpkin Pies, Berries and Cream Trifle, or perfect raspberry sorbet. This book features classic recipes derived from the Six Sisters’ family heritage (like their Fresh Peach Pie!) alongside innovative creations (Peanut Butter Brownie Buckeye Cupcakes, any­one?), that will give you options for easy entertaining.

Also included are these magnificent delights:
Hot Fudge Sundae Ice Cream Cake
Microwave Caramels
Frozen Grasshopper Cookie Pie
Rocky Road Fudge
Brownie Caramel Cheesecake

Every recipe is accompanied by a colorful photo and there are lots of whimsical sidebars throughout the book that offer great family activities, tricks for parties, crafts, and even ideas for cute, easy date nights. The Sisters know first-hand what it’s like to juggle a hectic life, and they’ve designed everything so that you can concentrate on putting a smile on your family’s faces.

The proof is in the pudding (and also the cakes, brownies, and cookies!): With the Six Sisters you can put dessert first!

About the authors:

The Six Sisters—Camille, Kristen, Elyse, Stephanie, Lauren, and Kendra—grew up in Utah, but a few of them have lived in other parts of the country since moving out of the house. Between them there are five nieces and three nephews, and all of the sisters love playing "aunt." The sisters started the blog in February 2011 to keep in touch while they were apart, but it has since gained popularity, garnering more than 9 million viewers per month and more than 307,000 followers on Pinterest.

In my opinion:

The six sisters always amaze me with their delicious recipes. I decided to dive right in and create one of their desserts. I went for the chocolate raspberry eclair cake and boy was it good. I didn't know how it would turn out but it was pretty amazing. In fact, I'm pretty sure I ate the entire thing. I think next time I'll make the chocolate frosting with cocoa powder. I didn't have any at the time so I used something else. It wasn't terrible but I do know I need to follow a recipe to get the results I want.

It isn't hard to fall in love with the six sisters. Their Sweets & Treats book is filled with desserts such as bars, brownies, movie night snacks, cookies, cakes, cupcakes, cheesecakes, ice cream, pies and much much more. What I love about their book is they provide pictures of each dessert. Who doesn't want to see pictures? Also, their recipes are super easy to follow with only a few steps. I loved loved loved their new Sweets & Treats book. I definitely recommend it to anyone who loves desserts as much as I do.


Disclaimer: I received one or more of the products or services for free in the hope that I would mention them on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews