Friday, December 11, 2015

Annie's Knitting Pattern books: A Dozen Beanies for Baby and Knit Caps on Circle Looms {Written by Emilee}

Don't let the winter weather get you down. These two knitting 

books will help you create fun hats to wear. Plus, you and your 

family will all look fabulous in the snow.

First, A Dozen Beanies for Baby



About:

With a dozen different patterns in this new book from Annie’s, 

there is something for every style and preference. From our 

delightful Gnome Whimsy to our chic Angelique, there is a special

 beanie for that special little one in your life. With easy to 

intermediate skill levels, you can foray into some more 

complicated knitting techniques such as cables or lace while still on

 a smaller scale. These projects are portable and perfect for 

traveling! The book features many techniques, including cables, 

lace, stranded colorwork, applique and more!

Page Count: 32

In my opinion:

I'm a huge fan of Annie's knitting pattern books. These books are 

beautifully written and I love the layout. Also, I love the darling 

photos of the little models wearing each hat. It would be so cool to 

be one of the designers for Annie's Signature Designs.


In this book, there are 12 patterns of the cutest baby hats. Each 

pattern has a skill level, size, finished measurements, gauge, 

special abbreviation and pattern. I love how each of Annie's 

knitting pattern books has a page with a picture of each pattern. It 

is easier to find a favorite and get to work because the page 

number is also included. My favorite patterns are Sweet Stripes 

and Angelique. Also included are special techniques and knitting 

basics. I definitely recommend any of Annie's Knitting books 

because they are easy to follow and everything you need to know 

is included.

Second, Knit Caps on Circle Looms

10 Toppers for the Whole Family


About:

Features 10 projects for every age and gender, made on a variety of

 round small- to large-gauge knitting looms. Medium to chunky 

weight yarns are used throughout the book and each hat offers a 

variety of sizing options. 

Never before has there been hat loom books with on-trend cap 

designs for the baby, kids and adults. We have earlap hats, basic 

toppers and even a whimsical animal hat we call "Fido's Hat" for 

your favorite kid. And for those fashionistas, they'll love Parisian 

Flair and the Flapper Cloche. For the guys, we have the Earflap hat

 and Modern Color with its classic shaping and modern colorwork. 

All of these projects can be made in a weekend! Page Count: 32

In my opinion:

Have you ever tried knitting on a circle loom? I haven't and now I 

want to since looking over Annie's knitting book: Knit Caps on 

Circle Looms. It is much faster than using two knitting needles. 

But, it is whatever you prefer. I like using two knitting needles 

because I can also watch a show without looking at my work...well 

sometimes if my stocking isn't too difficult. 

I'm in love with the Parisian Flair Beanie, Spirited Earflap Hat and

 Fido's Hat. Super cute designs are included in this book and I was 

quite impressed that these were all made from using a circle loom.

 This book does include Loom techniques which I needed to 

understand how to make these beautiful hats. I thought Denise 

Layman, the designer did a fabulous job and I loved her designs.

About Annie's Publishing:

Annie’s (Annies-Publishing.com) is part of the third-generation Muselman family business headquartered in Berne, Ind., near Fort Wayne. Its products—including magazines, kits and supplies, books, online classes and TV programming—are targeted to home and family interests, including crafts, nostalgia and home decor. The Muselman business began in 1925 with the founding of Economy Printing Concern in Berne. EP Graphics, as it is known today, is still owned by the Muselman family.

Disclaimer: I received one or more of the products or services for free in the hope that I would mention them on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Very nice post, impressive. its quite different from other posts. Thanks for sharing.

    buy weighing scale online

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews