Friday, January 23, 2015

Pantry Organization Tips {Written by Cassie}

January is a great month to get organized! With the enormous holidays behind us we may have more time to get started on our goals of making our homes more organized and clean. Here are a few tips to get started.
 
“It’s in the doing not just the thinking that we accomplish our goals.”
-Thomas S. Monson
 
Where do you start?
 
I took a good look at my pantry to see what containers I had and needed. I also used a lot of what I already had. I like to use common containers to look clean and orderly. Dollar Tree, Target, Walmart are a few great places to find inexpensive containers.
 
1.      Start by taking out all of your food.
2.      Clean, dust and sweep your pantry before you put everything away.
3.      Throw away expired items.
4.      Arrange food items that are alike in baskets.
5.      Use jars for baking items such as nuts, chocolate chips, etc.
6.      Use larger containers for food storage items such as flour, sugar, rice etc.
 
 
 
Here is a picture of my baking pantry. Items used only for baking.
*Brown baskets from Dollar Tree*
*White baskets from Target*
*Red lid containers from Costco*
 
*Clear containers from Walmart*
 
 
This is my second pantry for snacks, canned foods, canning and craft containers. I also use this pantry to store my 72-hour kits and folders for my family.
Large white containers from Macey’s grocery store.
Canning racks from Costco.
 
 
 
 
Do you have an organizing tip for your pantry? Share it in the comment section. Thanks in advance!
 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews