Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Boys don't Knit by T.S. Easton {Written by Emilee}

Whether you are a knitter or not, I have a fun book to share with all of you. It is called,
 

BOYS DON’T KNIT

by T.S. Easton 
 

 
About:
After an incident regarding a crossing guard and a bottle of Martini & Rossi (and his bonehead friends), 17-year-old worrier Ben Fletcher must develop his sense of social alignment, take up a hobby, and do some community service to avoid any further probation.
 He takes a knitting class (it was that or his father’s mechanic class) under the impression that it's taught by the hot teacher all the boys like. Turns out, it’s not. Perfect.
 Regardless, he sticks with it and comes to find that he’s a natural knitter, maybe even great. It even helps ease his anxiety and worrying. The only challenge now is to keep it hidden from his friends, his crush, and his soccer-obsessed father. What a tangled web Ben has weaved . . . or knitted.
 Praise for Boys Don’t Knit:
"Wonderfully funny novel . . . Wacky characters, a farcical plot and a fledgling romance are all part of the fun in this novel." - Kirkus Reviews, STARRED REVIEW
 
About the author:
 
T. S. Easton is an experienced author of fiction for all ages in the UK. He lives in Surrey with his wife and three children. Boys Don't Knit received a Carnegie Medal nomination (2015). You can visit him online at tomeaston.co.uk.
 

In my opinion:
 
This was a delightfully funny book about a young man who got into trouble and ends up taking a knitting class. He was given a choice of four classes to be involved in from his probationer officer. He also must write a journal entry each day of his experiences. So, this book didn't have chapters but was broken down by date which was actually quite a fun way to read.
 
When I first knitted, I got it right away and began making Christmas stockings. Knitting really is a fun hobby that can be quite addicting so it was fun to read about his involvement. Ben was actually really good at knitting but it was hard for him to tell his father about it. He learns to trust and change.
 
The only problem I had with this book was the inappropriate jokes between the mom and dad and the language. I didn't think it was necessary especially for the key audience of age 13 & up/8 & up. For that reason, I wouldn't recommend it for that age group. But, I would recommend this book to adults as it was hilarious and easy to read.
 Disclaimer: I received one or more of the products or services for free in the hope that I would mention them on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. 

 
 
 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews