Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Doughnuts! by: Carol Beckerman {Written by Cassie}

It's no secret. Doughnuts are delicious. Ask anyone…a baby, an 
elderly person, your local police officer…they'll all tell you the 
same thing. Crisp on the outside, fluffy on the inside, filled with 
cream, sprinkled with sugar, or dipped in chocolate, doughnuts are 
the king of pastries! 


ABOUT:
Authors Dawn Otwell and Carol Beckerman show the reader how
 incredibly easy it is to make doughnuts right at home with recipes, 
tips, and hints for delectable creations like:
Croissant Doughnuts (aka the cronut) with Pastry Cream and Raspberry Frosting

Chocolate and Coconut Snowballs
Carrot Cake Doughnuts with Cream Cheese Frosting
Butterscotch Holes with Maple Syrup

Not only is making homemade doughnuts fun and easy, but at-home versions can be healthier because you control exactly what goes in them. Complete with dozens of mouthwatering, full-color photos and recipes for 100 show-stopping treats, Doughnuts! is a sweet, sticky, bakers dream.

About the Author:
Carol Beckerman is a good writer, blogger, recipe developer, and author of six popular cookbooks. Equipped with more than 40 years of culinary experience, Carol is passionate about bringing flavors from around the world together in innovative and exciting combinations and, in particular, fusing these elements into her doughnuts in simple, easy to follow recipes.

In my opinion:
I LOVE doughnuts! I own a mini doughnut machine that I use often for after school snacks. When I first took a look at the book I was excited. The pictures of the doughnuts on the cover looked delicious and I was anxious to open the book to see the different recipes. I was happy to see that there were a variety of doughnuts to make. The book contains recipes to make doughnut holes, hot cross doughnuts, seasonal doughnuts, and doughnuts with fillings. The book even contains vegan, gluten- and dairy free alternatives. I was very impressed by the easy to make doughnuts that I will be looking forward to making.

Disclaimer: I received one or more of the products or services for free in the hope that I would mention them on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews