Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Bible Bands by Katreina Eden {Written by Tiffany}

How about a new craft book for your little ones?
Check out Bible Bands 
by Katreina Eden.

 Who doesn't like handmade jewelry?

About:
As you may be aware, rubber band jewelry is the hottest new craze, and now you can try these new designs! Create fun, fashionable rubber band jewelry while strengthening and sharing your faith. Each design is associated with a Bible verse or story, such as:

 
  • A blue and white pattern to symbolize Christ’s baptism
  • Circles of color to link families through genealogy
  • A heart design to remind you of God’s love
  • Letters that spell CTR to remind you to choose the right
  • A multi-colored weave to match Joseph’s coat of many colors
My book provides step-by-step instructions with photos so they are easy to make as well as fun to wear. If you would like more information on the book or to see the cover, please go here: http://cedarfort.com/bible-bands-create-your-own-faith-based-rubber-band-jewelry-13-loom-designs-paperback.html#.U-OcaYBdUb4.

In my opinion:
I am thrilled to review and introduce “Bible Bands” by Katreina Eden.  My two girls (ages 6 & 9) love making loom bracelets and necklaces. This book teaches readers how to create rubber band loom jewelry. The designs are associated with a Bible verse or story.  I love this! My kids and I can make jewelry together while we talk about gospel principles. What a great idea!  One of our favorite bracelets was the “Baptism of Water and the Holy Ghost.” First, it explains that when we are baptized, we are cleansed of our sins. To represent this, the design uses blue for water and white for being clean. The colors are intertwined to represent immersion in water as Christ showed us when H was baptized. Then it goes on step-by-step with directions. To the left of the summary is a scripture. Anything that intertwines crafts and gospel learning for my kids is wonderful. My girls also loved the “Choose the Right” bracelet as well as the “Let your Light Shine” ring. These can be used as a FHE activity, Sabbath day or Conference weekend project, craft for Activity Days, and more! These are fun to make and wear and the perfect project for families to enjoy together!

Disclaimer: I received one or more of the products or services for free in the hope that I would mention them on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.
 
 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews