Monday, August 18, 2014

Sassy Knit Outfits for 18-Inch Dolls by Jeanne Kussrow-Larsen {Written by Emilee}

Knitting has been my passion for the last nine years. My grandmother taught me the basics and I went from there. My favorite projects are my Christmas stockings so if you are looking for someone to knit amazing stockings, I'm your girl.

Today, I wanted to share a fun and impressive book called,
Sassy Knit Outfits 
for 18-Inch Dolls
by Jeanne Kussrow-Larsen



About:
BERNE, Ind.—Annie’s, a leading special-interest publisher in the craft and nostalgia markets, has created a new pattern book for knitting enthusiasts. Sassy Knit Outfits for 18-Inch Dolls™ is a 48-page book featuring six complete outfits for 18-inch dolls.

The book instructs readers how to knit various styles of dresses, pants, tops and accessories for 18-inch dolls. Each design is accompanied by tips and tricks from the designer, as well as full instructions and charts to help readers quickly and easily finish each project. From summer styles to winter wear, there’s something for everyone to enjoy.

About the author:
Jeanne Kussrow-Larson is the designer of the book. Although she’s a lifelong knitter, this is Jeanne’s first book. When asked to knit some clothes for her granddaughter’s 18-inch dolls, Jeanne readily agreed. Unable to find something that suited her needs, she decided to design some herself. Jeanne and her husband of 53 years have four grown children and live in Wisconsin with their pooch Lotsa Moola. When she’s not knitting, Jeanne enjoys gardening, acting in community theater and supporting her local public library.

Sassy Knit Outfits for 18-Inch Dolls will be available July 25 for $9.99 in specialty stores and from the Annie’s catalog, which is accessible online at AnniesCatalog.com.

About Annie's Publishing:

Annie’s is well known to crafters and nostalgia buffs for its print and digital magazines, pattern books and other related products, which are sold primarily via mail, websites and catalogs. Additional information is available from the company website at Annies-Publishing.com.  

Annie’s (Annies-Publishing.com) is part of the third-generation Muselman family business headquartered in Berne, Ind., near Fort Wayne. Its products—including magazines, kits and supplies, books, online classes and TV programming—are targeted to home and family interests, including crafts, nostalgia and home d├ęcor. The Muselman business began in 1925 with the founding of Economy Printing Concern in Berne. EP Graphics, as it is known today, is still owned by the Muselman family.

In my opinion:

Sassy Knit Outfits was quite impressive. There were six different outfits that one can knit for their child's 18 inch doll. Honestly, I was quite blown away by the beautiful detail of each pattern. Each pattern also had a skill level. I looked for the easiest pattern and found a very cute "Spring is Here" dress that would be fun to make. There was only one easy pattern and the rest were intermediate and experienced. I hoped that there was a beginner's pattern. However, if you need help, you could turn to StitchGuide.com for How-To videos. Plus, Jeanne gave some knitting basics at the end of her book. So, I'm pretty sure anyone could knit these adorable outfits for their daughter to enjoy. I definitely recommend this book.

Disclaimer: I received one or more of the products or services for free in the hope that I would mention them on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.
 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews