Monday, July 7, 2014

SUMMER FIT LEARNING {Written by Emilee}

  Have you ever heard of the Summer Fit Learning series?
 
About:
 
 The Summer Fit Learning series is the most comprehensive summer workbook available and provides parents with the tools to keep their kids active during the summer months in a fun and enjoyable way.

Here's a little jingle created by Summer Fit Learning:  
 

 
The grade levels that are available are
 K-1, 1-2, 2-3, 3-4, 4-5, 5-6
These workbooks are different from other summer learning programs, within the pages of SUMMER FIT, you'll find a discussion on core values, academic worksheets, physical activity, certificates of achievement, and other stellar additions. 
 
In Emilee's opinion:
 
I absolutely LOVE the Summer Fit program. I received the Preschool to Kindergarten book which has been a joy to look forward to each day. Each day only took about 15-20 minutes. Eli and I got to set aside some time to work on it every day and it was so FUN. Eli learned letters, sounds, numbers, math and writing. My favorite part were the Aerobic and strength exercises. The descriptions were toward the end of the book which was very helpful.
 
There were also some memory cards to cut out and laminate and a health and wellness index complete with recipes. Also, there was a certificate of completion for the child to fill out. Another favorite page was the Summer Reading List. We attend the library at least once a week-huge fan of the activities at my local library. And of course we signed up for the library's summer reading program. The list adds additional books to read. Yippee!! There was also a Preschool skills assessment to determine if your child is ready for kindergarten.
 
The main purpose of Summer Fit was to keep the child's body and brain active in the summer.  Overall, the book is for a child to prepare academically, physically and socially for the next grade level. This book was pretty impressive and it was written by teachers who know what is best for a child. I definitely recommend checking out SummerFitLearning.com.
 
In Tiffany's opinion:


I am reviewing the Summer Fit workbooks, specifically the K-1 and 4-5 grades. All I can say is WOW! I love these workbooks! My kids are motivated to learn, as well as exercise. We have tried several different brands of workbooks and I have to say that these are my favorite. Not only do they focus on the essentials (math, reading, writing, language arts), they also include fitness, nutrition and values we can work on in the home. It’s difficult to keep up with everything in the summer. 

These workbooks are actually helping me organize activities for my kids. I also love how they are colorful and very age-appropriate. My 1st grader enjoys the activities in her Summer Fit book and likes to color in the stars as she completes her daily tasks.  My 4th grader looks forward to reading books from the Summer Reading List, as well as accomplishing the daily exercises. My favorite part about these Summer Fit workbooks is the fact that my kids are balancing themselves with academics, fitness and values as they are home in the summer. This helps me as a Mom to enjoy our time together going to fun places but also feel like they aren’t losing what they learned last year in school.  I highly recommend these books!





 
Disclaimer: I received one or more of the products or services for free in the hope that I would mention them on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.   
 
        Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews