Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Jex Malone book review {Written by Emilee}

I'm happy to introduce another fabulous book called,
Jex Malone 
by C.L. Gaber & V.C. Stanley
 
 About:
 
Jex Malone by C.L. Gaber & V.C. Stanley (Merit Press/ F+W Media, June 2014) - It’s Nancy Drew meets Stand By Me when a precocious 17-year-old is grudgingly sent to live with her homicide detective father.  Despite her loner attitude, Jex Malone quickly makes friends with two outcasts.  When Jex begins digging into her dad’s cold-case files, she stumbles upon the unsolved murder that ruined her parents’ marriage.   With her newfound friends, Jex pushes the envelope on solving the case and soon realizes someone might now want her to reveal the truth.
 
About the author:
 
C.L. Gaber is a well-known entertainment journalist, syndicated worldwide through the New York Times Syndicate. She also interviews A-listers from Jennifer Lawrence to Robert Pattinson for the Chicago Sun-Times. A movie-loving kid in Chicago, she grew up to earn a degree from the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism at Arizona State. Now she lives Nevada with her husband Ron, once her high school boyfriend; her stepdaughter, Sabrina; and their dogs, Colt and Georgie.

Veteran reporter V.C. Stanley covered breaking news for the Associated Press and was an investigative reporter for the Tampa Tribune, and is now a speechwriter at the University of South Florida. She grew up riding horses and hiking the woods of her native southern Oregon before earning a journalism degree from the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism at Arizona State. She is married to Doug and is mom to Nicholas. The authors of Jex Malone met on their first day of college in a journalism class and became forever friends--a friendship that, just like the Drew-Ids, proves that the new friend who shows up out of nowhere might be the best present fate can ever hand you.
 
In my opinion: 
I actually enjoyed this mystery for young adults. But, I'm pretty sure all the moms out there would love it too. 
Plus, you could see what your children are reading. 
The best part was that I couldn't figure out the ending. I definitely wouldn't mind reading more about the "Drew-id's" Adventures. I could definitely see myself hanging out with this crowd. They stood up for each other no matter what. I think everyone needs friends that will have your back. Life is hard as it is and friends definitely come in handy during stressful times. This book is definitely a page turner.
Jex Malone struggled with real life situations that I'm sure some may (unfortunately) have to deal with. But, it may help one to deal with their unfortunate circumstances. Luckily, my dad was always there for me and even took me on little "outings." And there is a little romance in the air... I guess you will have to read it to find out what happens.
Overall, I recommend this book to young adults as well as parents. It was highly entertaining to read. 

 
Disclaimer: I received one or more of the products or services for free in the hope that I would mention them on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  
 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews