Monday, June 23, 2014

Tell Me of Brave Women {Book Review by Emilee}

I received an extraordinary book for free from Strategies in exchange for an honest review.
 
Tell Me Of Brave Women  
(May 2014, HB Stowe Press)  
About:
Written by retired clinical psychologist, Laura Riley, this exciting contemporary novel shares the story of three dynamic women who stand up to old traditions and fight abuse in new ways. Samara, a famous storyteller, creates Secret Sisters, an underground society that shelters battered women in the Middle East.  She’s hunted for her beliefs and stalked for her beauty. Thelma, a tough waitress in Appalachia, witnesses a beating, gets a gun, and changes Samara’s destiny forever.  Evangelina, a South American teen, is forced to be a drug lord’s sex-slave until she’s emboldened to flee to Secret Sisters. To escape, she must use a killers own tactics against him. Through escalating dangers, the three heroic women battle abuse and wage their lives for liberty.
  

For more information about Laura and her work, please take a look at her blog: tellmeofbravewomen.com.

In Emilee's Opinion:

I was a little nervous to start reading this book but once I began I couldn't put it down. The author created a story with a serious subject-a fight against abuse. Tell me of Brave women was extraordinary and I enjoyed reading it. Although at times I felt the women's pain and wanted justice to be served. I especially felt bad for Evangelina who was forced to be a sex slave. Her story was disturbing and sad but Laura Riley kept my interest with her clever writing. Sometimes I feel like I live in a bubble (which isn't a bad thing) so this book definitely made me aware that abuse is around us daily. We must reach out to everyone that suffers from this terrible circumstance. I definitely recommend Tell me of Brave Women. It was remarkable!



Disclaimer: I received one or more of the products or services for free in the hope that I would mention them on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.
 

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews