Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Toddler Tuesday {Busy Bags}

Welcome to
"Toddler Tuesday."
 
So, I decided to organize a Busy Bag group on Facebook back in December 2013. Sorry, it is filled up to the max so I won't be accepting any more members.
 
I love busy bags especially when my toddler needs/wants my attention 24/7 and I'm busy with my eight month old. Two kids are crazy! I don't know how anyone does more than that. I think anyone who has more than two kids is pretty amazing. I always wanted four or five but I think two is just fine.
 
Anyway, I came up with a few simple and easy activities to add to my busy bag container.
 
I love to organize so when I was cleaning up all of the Christmas decorations, I found this blue/gold garland that we never used.
 
 
So, I took it apart and poured it in a bowl.
 
 
Then, I grabbed our ice tray and showed Eli how to sort the beads.

 
It was like heaven! He played with these beads for hours. He was entertained and I was one happy momma.

 
I also showed him how to put the beads on string. Perfect activity and it didn't cost me anything.
 
Sometimes, the best busy bags come from "stuff" we have in our home. All you need is a little imagination.
 
Next, I found this really cool busy bag on Pinterest. I bought some colorful popsicle sticks.

 
First, your child can sort them by color.

 
Then, you can write words on two popsicle sticks. Your child will then need to put the sticks together to create words.

 
Another idea...print off these cards (free pattern) and have your child create the patterns.

 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews