Thursday, March 6, 2014

Try it Thursday & Review {Longing for Home series. Volume 2, HOPE SPRINGS}

Thanks for tuning into
"Try it Thursday & Review."

Can you tell that I've been busy reading non stop? Well, I have and it has been so much fun diving into several different novels. This week, I'm excited to be apart of the

Longing for Home 
Blog tour hosted by Shadow Mountain.
Sarah M. Eden wrote Book 2 of Longing for Home and I felt that it all came together in the end. So, without further ado...let me introduce

Longing for Home, Hope Springs
by Sarah M. Eden

 About:

Katie Macauley gave up her lifelong dream of returning to Ireland in order to make a home for herself in Hope Springs, Wyoming, but her future has never been so uncertain. Katie’s heart still remains sharply divided between playful Tavish and steady Joseph, though she feels ill-prepared to make a decision. Furthermore, the town is more divided than ever with both the Irish and the Reds stealing property, burning buildings, and endangering lives. In the midst of the growing unrest, tem­peratures drop quickly, too quickly, and Irish nightmares of fam­ine and cold resurface as the little Wyoming town struggles to beat the harsh winter. Katie makes one sacrifice after another to keep the peace and help see her loved ones through the difficult days ahead, but will her efforts be enough? Can the town make amends before their hatred consumes them all? And will Katie find the love she has been searching for as well as a home to call her own?


About the Author:
 
Sarah M. Eden read her first Jane Austen novel in elementary school and has been an Austen addict ever since. Fascinated by the English Regency era, Eden became a regular in that section of the reference department at her local library, where she painstakingly researched this extraordinary chapter in history. Eden is an award-winning author of short stories and was a Whitney Award finalist for her novels Seeking Persephone and Courting Miss Lancaster. Visit her at www.sarahmeden.com.



In my opinion:
Honestly, it was harder to get into the second book because I read the first one awhile back. I had forgotten where it ended but once I remembered, it wasn't hard for me to be engrossed in Katie's story again. She continued to be pulled in different directions.  And I longed for Katie to find peace and love in her life. I felt that she was determined to build a life for herself and her community. However, it was hard for me to read about the division of the two different groups. I felt that it was well researched by the ever so brilliant Sarah Eden. However, I wanted peace within the community. I wanted things to work out and for people to get along. I felt close to Katie's character and continued to ask, what would I do in that situation? Sarah definitely pulled me into her story of love and conflict. 
 
Hope Springs was a decent and clean love story and I look forward to reading more of Sarah's stories. I definitely recommend reading the Longing for Home series. Well done!
 
Be sure to check out the following sites:
 
Disclaimer: I received one or more of the products or services for free in the hope that I would mention them on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.
 
Photobucket

   


 

1 comment:

  1. It was hard to wait so long between books! I'm looking forward to reading the continuing story. Thanks for sharing your review!
    Heidi Reads...

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews