Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Wonderful Wednesday's Review {Knit Your Own Zoo by Sally Muir and Joanna Osborne}

Hey all you knitters out there...or soon to be knitters...
Today on
"Wonderful Wednesday's Review,"
I wanted to share a new book titled
Knit Your Own Zoo
by Sally Muir and Joanna Osborne.
About:
Too cold to go to the zoo? Love knitting? Knit a cuddly koala or a long-necked giraffe with Knit Your Own Zoo by Sally Muir and Joanna Osborne (on-sale February 11, 2014; 978-1-57912-960-6; 176 pages; $14.95), which also includes patterns for a tiger, crocodile, penguin, meerkat, elephant, panda, a kangaroo and her joey, and more. In a recent starred review, Publishers Weekly raves, Ã’devotees of knitted creatures will find a lot to love in this collection.
The animals in Knit Your Own Zoo are surprisingly easy to make: with a few evenings of work, you can have a companion for life. Along with easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions for 25 animals, Sally and Joanna include brief descriptions of the various species and tips and advice on sewing up and embellishing the animals.
About the authors:
Sally Muir and Joanna Osborne run their own knitwear business, Muir and Osborne (www.muirandosborne.co.uk). They export their products to stores all over the world including Barneys, Saks, Liberty, and The Cross. They won the U.K. Fashion Export Small Business Award in 2002 and several pieces of their knitwear are in the permanent collection at the Victoria and Albert Museum in London. Their previous books include Knit Your Own Dog and Knit Your Own Cat.
In my opinion:
Can I just say how adorable these knitted animals were. Knit Your Own Zoo has easy to follow patterns for 24 animals.  First, I read the introduction (as always) and I laughed out loud. The reason was because the authors said, "We have included many of the obvious-the lion, tiger, elephant, giraffe-but we've also added ones we just loved and felt we had to have-the fruit bat, armadillo and anteater-and the stranger-looking, less cuddly ones that we thought should have a place as well-the camel, crocodile, and mandrill."
Thank goodness, they included the "stranger-looking" animals such as the camel. I always thought camels were cute but apparently they are strange looking. :)
The book also included a few animal patterns and then a wrap up page (as I like to call it) or photo of those animals all playing together.
I've always been a monkey fan so of course I loved the Chimpanzee and the Orangutan but who doesn't love a cute Meerkat? Oh so many to choose from... I also loved the Elephant, Zebra, Giraffe and Kangaroo. The best part was that you could knit your own Chameleon if you visit www.LoveCrafts.co.uk for a free bonus pattern.

At the end of the book were a few hints from choosing yarns to stuffing the animal. Of course, a knitting book isn't complete without a methods page. Now, I just need time to make ALL of the cute animals. I have to say that I loved the photo on the front and back of the book.  The book was arranged perfectly and I will cherish it forever. Now, you can knit your very own zoo so get to work and have fun doing it. I definitely recommend using Knit Your Own Zoo to make cute zoo animals.
Who wants Knit Your Own Zoo?
HOW TO ENTER THE GIVEAWAY?
 {This is a Rafflecopter giveaway so please be patient or change web browsers}
 a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclaimer: I received one or more of the products or services for free in the hope that I would mention them on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews