Thursday, January 16, 2014

Try it Thursday & Review {Does this insecurity make me look fat?}

This week on
"Try it Thursday & Review,"
 
I have another fabulous book to review.
 
It is called,
Does this insecurity make me look fat?
by Michelle Wilson
 

About:

 
Why do clothing stores hang fun-house mirrors in their dressing rooms?
• The laundry doesn’t cry when it’s not folded, so why should I?
• Can I be confident even if an elevator calls me fat?
 
Michelle Wilson’s humorous yet poignant insights help women examine the limitations we place on ourselves out of insecurity and self-doubt. We have faith in God, but do we know that He has faith in us?
 
When we see ourselves with God’s eternal perspective, we can feel confident and whole—even in our imperfection. Just think what we might accomplish if we truly believe that we are more important than we know, stronger than we realize, and extraordinary in every way.
 
Product Details
Size:  5½" x 8"
Pages:  176
Year Published:  2013

About the Author:

Michelle Wilson is a native of California. Through serving a
full-time mission, teaching seminary, Sunday School classes,
and speaking at various firesides and conferences, Michelle
has developed a love of the power and simplicity of the gospel.
She believes in the healing power of laughter and chocolate.
She and her husband, Jerey, are the parents of three children
and live in Washington State.
 
In my opinion:
 
If you are looking for a book that helps you feel better about yourself, check out Michelle Wilson's book, Does this insecurity make me look fat. This book was perfect for me and I could relate to Wilson's experiences. The entire book was the perfect pep talk for me. Also, it was nice to hear her perspective about being insecure. She had great examples and revealed her personal stories to the world which I appreciated. We are not perfect. We may think that others are but they have their own problems. We go through many trials but it is up to us to either play the "poor me" card or stay positive.
 
Here are a few quotes that were meant for me...
 "I'm certain that God does not want us to harbor bad feelings. His plan is just the opposite. We exist that we might have joy. We are meant to live our lives with joy and meaning." I needed to read this because there are times I'm tempted to harbor bad feelings. But, its true, his plan is for us to be happy.
 
We do make mistakes but Wilson said, "When I make mistakes, I like to think He says, "It looks like you really messed up, but I know you, and I know that isn't you." Thank goodness! I'm so grateful that we can repent and be forgiven. We need to let go and move on. I'm also grateful that Heavenly Father knows us individually.
 
Another great quote was, "He has the power to help us succeed. His Son has the power to save. Together we have the power to overcome." I'm enjoyed reading Wilson's book. I felt that the main topic in her book was staying close to Heavenly Father so you may succeed in life. That is really important and I know we can find joy in the journey.
 
Disclaimer: I received one or more of the products or services for free in the hope that I would mention them on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.
 

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the sweet review Emilee! I'm so glad you found things in the book that touched you. Looking at your picture, it;s hard to imagine you harboring bad feelings. You just look so . . .sweet! :) Thanks again!!

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews