Monday, January 13, 2014

Marvelous Monday & Review {The Guardian by Gerald N. Lund}

This week on
"Marvelous Monday & Review,"
 
I have a wonderful book to share with all of you. Of course, you may want to read the first one in the series to get a better understanding. And, that was exactly what I did.
 
The book I'm referring to is...
The Guardian
To Run with the Swift
 by Gerald N. Lund
 
 
About:
 
After Danni McAllister and her family escaped from El Cobra and his kidnapping ring, they thought life would basically return to normal. Little did they know that their peril had just begun. As secrets from the past begin to unfold, it becomes evident that the motives driving the attacks on the McAllister family go much deeper than money—and they're not going to stop anytime soon. Now, as Danni faces evils even more sinister than before, she has to wonder if even the Guardian will be equal to the dangers ahead. The whole family will love this page-turning conclusion to the story of Le Gardien, the enchanted pouch that guides, protects, and teaches those who have it in their keeping.

Product Details

Size:  6" x 9"

Pages:  560

Year Published:  2013

Book on CD:  Unabridged, 13 discs

About the Author:

Elder Gerald N. Lund received his B.A. and M.S. degrees in sociology from Brigham Young University. He also did extensive graduate work in New Testament studies at Pepperdine University in Los Angeles, California, and studies Hebrew at the University of Judaism in Hollywood, California.
During his thirty-five years in the Church Educational System, the author served as a seminary teacher, an institute teacher and director, a curriculum writer, director of college curriculum, and zone administrator. His Church callings have included serving as stake president, bishop, and teacher. Elder Lund served as a member of the Second Quorum of the Seventy from 2002 to 2008.
Elder Lund is a prolific author; his novels include the Work and the Glory series, the Kingdom and the Crown trilogy, Fire of the Covenant, and The Undaunted. He has also written several books on gospel topics, including Hearing the Voice of the Lord and Divine Signatures.

He and his wife, Lynn, are the parents of seven children. For more information, please visit Gerald Lund’s website (Click Here)
 
In my opinion:
 
Wow! Let me just say that I was pretty impressed with Gerald N Lund's style of writing. I was hooked the minute I started reading. This was actually the first book I read by Lund. Now, I will need to read the Work and the Glory series. I'm positive I will love it.
 
This book was amazing and that is a lot for me to say for a book with 560 pages. I was a little nervous to write a review for a large book. I didn't think I would get through it. However, after reading the summary that was provided by Deseret Book, I became interested and excited about the book tour. Now, I'm so glad I agreed to write a review. I absolutely loved it.
 
Although this is a review of Book 2: To Run with the Swift, I was given the opportunity to read Book 1 as well. I definitely recommend reading book 1 first before diving into the second book.
 
I related to the main character Danni and enjoyed reading her honest journal entries. She motivated me to write more in my journal. I loved the action and suspense. I also loved that it was unpredictable. I never knew what would happen next and that thrilled me to the core. Lund is a brilliant writer. I will treasure these books for a very long time.
 
Disclaimer: I received one or more of the products or services for free from Deseret Book in the hope that I would mention them on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.
 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews