Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Try it Tuesday & Review {Crochet Love}

Welcome to
"Try it Tuesday & Review."
 
Sometimes out of the blue, I receive new books to review. I love reviewing books but this one came as a complete surprise especially since I don't know how to crochet. I was sent a copy of
 
Crochet Love
27 Sweet & Simple Zakka-Inspired Projects
By Jenny Doh
 
 
About:
 
Simple, elegant, and accessible, Japanese zakka—“crafts for the home”—is a hot new trend. Jenny Doh brings this colorful and super-cute aesthetic to the world of crochet. Twenty-seven small, beginner-friendly projects include a fun fish mobile, cozy seat cushion, jewelry, bags, and more. A basics section provides all the information you need to get in on the fun!

Author:
Jenny Doh is the founder of crescendoh.com, a popular online creative community. A former Editor-in-Chief of Somerset magazine, Jenny was recognized by Folio as one of the magazine industry's top 40 leaders, influencers, and innovators. She loves to knit, crochet, and play the cello. Jenny is the author of Hand in Hand, We Make Dolls, and several other forthcoming Lark titles. She lives in Santa Ana, CA.
 
In my opinion:
 
Honestly, I don't know how to crochet. However, I would love to learn and this is the perfect book to help me begin. There are several pages with pictures on getting started which I love. I am a visual learner so I appreciated the step by step photos. I believe this is a book for beginners. The projects are simple yet fun.
 
I would love to try the birthday cake bunting + cupcake picks.  Also, the heart purse would be perfect for one of my nieces. I also liked the four-fish mobile, finger puppets and the tic tac toe board. There were so many fun and easy projects. Once I finish all of my Christmas stockings, I'll learn how to crochet. I definitely recommend this book to anyone who loves to crochet and wants a sweet and simple project to complete.
 
Disclaimer: I received one or more of the products or services for free in the hope that I would mention them on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews