Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Wonderful Wednesday Review {The Knitster}


Thanks for checking out "Knitting" week at
Sweetly Made (Just for you).
 
As you know, I love to knit. It is one of my favorite hobbies. I also love getting new knitting books.
 Today on
"Wonderful Wednesday & Review,"
 I have a fun and "hip" knitting book called,
THE KNITSTER
25 Patterns for Hip Knitters
By Robbie Dulaney
 
Doesn't that sound cool? Robbie Dulaney is a pretty cool and experienced blogger who has creativity and style.
 
 
ABOUT: 
Since he was 9 years old, Robbie Dulaney has had a passion for creating. A successful blogger and crafter, Dulaney was inspired by his grandmother and a long line of “makers” to follow his lifelong dream. THE KNITSTER: 25 PATTERNS FOR HIP KNITTERS is an original, illustrated project-based knitting bookwith a little crocheting thrown in for good measure—that combines simple, modern design and vintage flair with a palette that is perfect for both women and men. 
These fun and fresh 25 craft projects range in skill level from the basics (with an introductory chapter for beginners) to more advanced techniques for experienced knitters. Surprise your fashionable friends by knitting a hooded infinity scarf, freestyle bow tie, and mismatched mittens, or layer up with a cardigan or sweater. Projects for the houseand ones that make perfect giftsinclude a zigzag throw, a patterned floor cushion, iPad cover, and a cute ice-cream-pint cozy that’ll keep your hands warm and the ice cream cold!
With a hip feeling vibe that’s perfect for people who want to break into the crafting world or those who already have a head-start, THE KNITSTER: 25 PATTERNS FOR HIP KNITTERS is not your average craft book. Harness your creative energy and be inspired by this easily accessible knitting how-to!
 
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:  
Based in New Jersey, Robbie Dulaney is the founder of http://www.knitxcore.com/. He has been both a knitter and blogger for over seven years, but his interest in crafting goes far beyond that. Having roots in a very creative family has fueled a lifelong passion for making things. In fields largely dominated by women, his perspective provides a refreshing and much-needed voice within both the knitting and blogging communities.
 IN MY OPINION: 
First of all, I love the plastic coil binding of the book. I know that sounds silly but The Knitster lays flat and it is easy to keep opened. I thought that was important especially when following a knitting pattern. Second, the photos were wild and fun. It definitely got my attention as I flipped through The Knitster. I also loved how Dulaney had a "Read this first" section. He said, "Here are a few things you might need to know before you start the projects in this book. If you're an experienced Knitster, these pages will refresh your memory. If you're just a beginner, hang on to your knitted hat! The fun starts here." Dulaney shares information about yarn and needles, different fibers, notions, reading a pattern (very important in my opinion), what does it mean, and how to knit. 
Then the projects begin. They were unique and very creative. There were some pretty interesting models but it made knitting look cool. I loved the Chevron Hat and the mittens. Dulaney said, "There is nothing cuter than an adult in a pair of mittens." So true! The tank top fit both a man and a woman. Although, it did look better on the woman in my silly opinion. Then, there are Projects to share such as the friendship bracelets and the I-cord camera strap which was a genius idea. Super simple and easy to make. 
Dulaney was hoping to "inspire a new age of empowered male crafters to be proud of their work." The Knitster is for all of the "hip knitters." I guess that includes me because I liked the patterns that were included. I definitely recommend The Knitster.

One of my lucky readers will win a copy of The Knitster.

HOW TO ENTER THE GIVEAWAY? 
 
 
 
Disclaimer: I received one or more of the products or services for free in the hope that I would mention them on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Photobucket
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews