Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Wonderful Wednesday Review {Swept Up by the Sea}

It is another wonderful week of
"Wonderful Wednesday Review."
 
I have another book to share with all of you. And, this book is brought to you from Shadow Mountain Publishing, one of my favorite sponsors. It is titled...
 
 
SWEPT UP BY THE SEA….. It’s Pirates of Penzance meets Princess Bride
 
About:

Determined to seek his fortune, Percival Taylor leaves behind his sleepy hometown and sets out to become a legendary pirate—only no one at the roguish seaport of Blackshore will allow him any- where near a ship!
 
Percival must find other means to win the heart of the beautiful Tuppence Magrathia-Paddock, who has mistaken him for a pirate rogue out of one of her romantic tales. She is entirely willing to swoon into his arms if he can prove his buccaneer soul—and she is willing to arrange her own kidnapping to prove it.
 
Percival eventually finds himself captain of a broken-down ship, complete with a crew of pirates who make their living selling fake treasure maps, a jilted fiancee, a reclusive Master Shipwright, and an old professor with a secret that could kill them all. It’s Pirates of Penzance meets Princess Bride as this motley group of characters sets sail for treasure and romance.
 
Page Count: 320
 
About the Authors:

Tracy Hickman is a New York Times best-selling fantasy author who has published more than 40 novels, many of the co-authored with Margaret Weis. He published the first of his solo novels in 1995. Laura and her husband, Tracy have been collaborating on fantastic works of fiction since their marriage in 1977. Together, Laura and Tracy have written role-playing games, screenplays, and works of fiction, including their first co-authored novel in 2004.
 
In my opinion:
 
Swept Up by the Sea was a little harder to get into because there were many different characters and I felt that the story switched gears a lot. However, as funny as it sounds, I normally will write the characters names on a piece of paper so I can keep track of them. This time, I didn't have any paper on hand so I had to rely on my memory. Yikes! I think I'll need to re-read this book and dig deeper to uncover the main plot.

I did like a few of the characters and wished that the entire book was focused on them. For instance, my favorite characters were Percival Taylor and Tuppence Magrathia-Paddock. I had hoped to read more about them but it seemed that other characters needed to be introduced so that the story would come together. Swept Up by the Sea is definitely on my re-reading list (which happens a lot) and I actually do recommend it because you may like it more than I did.

One of my readers will win a copy of Swept Up by the Sea.

HOW TO ENTER THE GIVEAWAY?
{This is a rafflecopter giveaway so please be patient}

 a Rafflecopter giveaway

Disclaimer: I received one or more of the products or services for free in the hope that I would mention them on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews