Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Try it Tuesday & Review {Armor Up & Suit Up}

Today, I have two awesome books to share with my readers.
 
Do you know anyone that is preparing to serve a full time LDS mission?
Or, do you need some enlightening or a spiritual uplift?
 
DeseretBook.com has kindly given me the opportunity of reviewing two amazing books. Because of their generosity, I was able to receive a spiritual uplift of my own.
 
The first book is...

 
Suit Up
 
 
About:
 
In Suit Up, several of your favorite youth speakers share lessons about preparing for a mission based on the scriptural advice contained in Doctrine and Covenants 4. If you're thinking about a mission, if you've already started preparing, or if you've got your call, you'll benefit from the messages and advice in Suit Up.
 
Authors: John Bytheway, Laurel Christensen, John Hilton III, Jennifer Platt, Hank Smith, Anthony Sweat, Brad Wilcox Page Count: 144
Contents
·         “The Lord’s Marvelous Work” by Hank Smith
·         “Give it Everything You’ve Got” by John Bytheway
·         “I’ll Be What You Want Me to Be” by Jennifer Platt
·         “Thrusting in our Sickle” by Brad Wilcox
·         “The Essential Credentials” by Anthony Sweat
·         “I’m Trying to Be like Jesus” by Laurel Christensen
·         “Ask and Ye Shall Receive” by John Hilton III
 
Filled with quotable quotes, it’s the perfect book for those who are ready to Suit Up!
 
In my opinion:
Suit Up is meant for pre-missionaries or those who have a desire to serve. However, I found a lot of wonderful information to apply in my own life. I'm a returned missionary, married and I have a toddler and one on the way yet I found myself getting advice on how to raise children. We can get inspiration through these authors wherever we are in life. We don't have to be pre-missionaries. Although, it is perfect for those preparing for a mission.
 
The speakers reminded me of when I went to EFY (Especially for Youth) many years ago. They were truly inspiring and I got a little emotional reading their experiences and stories. I also loved how there were scriptures at the end of each chapter and tasks to complete. It was an easy read and I loved every second of it.
 
The second book was...
Armor Up
 
 
About:

 
These words are as true today as they were back in 1830 when Joseph Smith received them in revelation — almost more so as today’s youth face the growing challenges of our society. But now in this compact yet powerful book, today’s most beloved youth speakers explain how wearing that spiritual armor can not only help youth face those difficult challenges in life, but also conquer them.



Authors: John Bytheway, Laurel Christensen, John Hilton III, Hank Smith, Anthony Sweat, Brad Wilcox Page Count: 104 “Take upon you my whole armor that ye may be able to withstand the evil day, having done all, that ye may be able to stand.” —D&C 27:15

Contents
 
·         “Girt About with Truth” by Brad Wilcox
·         “A Bulletproof Breastplate” by John Hilton III
·         “Put on Your Gospel Shoes” by Anthony Sweat
·         “Shields Up!” by John Bytheway
·         “Buckle On Your Helmet” by Hank Smith
·         “Your Spiritual Sword” by Laurel Christensen

In my opinion:
 
Armor Up was another awesome book geared toward the youth. However, adults could also learn from these authors. Also, I know when a book is worth reading when I can't seem to stop. This book was a quick read and I loved what each author contributed. I got so involved and wanted more. It was truly inspiring! Also, there were invitations for readers to take and apply to their own life. Armor Up was beautifully written with stories, experiences, scriptures and quotes.
 
One of my readers will win a copy of Suit Up and Armor Up.
 
HOW TO ENTER THE GIVEAWAY?
{This is a rafflecopter giveaway so please be patient}
 
 
 a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclaimer: I received one or more of the products or services for free in the hope that I would mention them on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.
 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews