Thursday, December 13, 2012

Try it Thursday & Review {Dazzling Duct Tape Designs}

Christmas is coming soon and I'm super excited.
I feel like I completed everything I needed to so
here is another week of
 
"Try it Thursday & Review."
 
Do you need any last minute gift ideas?
 
Well, I've got one...with this fun and exciting new craft book called,
 
"Dazzling Duct Tape Designs,"
by Tamara Boykins.
 
 
 
About:
 
"Zebra print bracelets…Floral throw pillows…Decorative party banners…Patterned bow ties. Yep, there’s a lot you can make with a roll of colored or patterned duct tape.

Introducing “Dazzling Duct Tape Designs,” a new craft book that shows you how to turn decorative duct tape into adorable fashion accessories, cute home décor, funky party decorations and so much more.

The step-by-step instructions and photos make it incredibly easy to create purses, sandals, and wall art using duct tape that matches your personal style—gold, florescent pink, floral, black…you name it!

"Duct tape crafts are durable and don't create a mess, which makes them the perfect pastime for individuals, parties, classrooms, and rainy days," says author Tamara Boykins. My love of creating with duct tape began when one of my sons went shopping for a new wallet but couldn't find one that he liked. I picked up a few rolls to try to make him one-and I haven't put the tape down since!
 
With a little duct tape and creativity, the possibilities are endless."
 
About the author:
 
Tamara Boykins is an event planner and avid crafter. Her duct tape designs have been featured in the Style section of the New York Times and on many blogs. She teaches craft clases and leads craft parties at art shows and craft fairs. Her designs can be viewed at DBYT4U.com. She lives in Pembroke Pines, Florida.
 
In my opinion:
 
Who could imagine that one could create fun gifts and cute creations from duct tape. Well, this book shows several different projects with just a little imagination and creativity. It is truly amazing what you could do with duct tape. My favorite projects were the reversible placemats and maracas. Each project has step by step instructions along with pictures in case you get stuck. I love how simple and easy this book is.
 
Tamara also included some of her techniques and tips so you can save time and bypass errors. Also, she created a few projects under the following themes...
 
Around the house
All things girly
2 Cool 4 School
Guy Stuff
Party Time
Roll Recycling
 
Overall, I was pretty impressed with the projects Tamara created. This book is a great excuse to get together with my nieces. I look forward to creating with duct tape. This book would make a great Christmas or birthday gift so check out her website {HERE}.
 
Enjoy creating with duct tape!
 
Disclosure: I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews