Thursday, October 25, 2012

Try it Thursday & Review {Knitting from the Center Out}

Today for
"Try it Thursday & Review,"
 
I wanted to share another wonderful knitting book called,
Knitting from the Center Out
by Daniel Yuhas.
 
 
 
About:
 
In Knitting from the Center Out (November 2012) Daniel Yuhas presents the technique of starting a project with just a few stitches and knitting outward from the center. With more than 25 projects, Yuhas clearly explains the method for making beautiful flat and dimensional cord necklaces, baby blankets, children and adult sweaters, hats, socks, scarves, stuffed toys and much more.
With beautiful photography and clear instructions, this book will appeal to all levels of knitters and crocheters who love to make pretty things for their wee ones and family or friends.
 
The more than twenty-five modern projects include:
-Over-the-knee swoosh socks
-Playful octopus and starfish toys
-Dahlia blanket
-Sunflower shawl
-Star-shaped baby blanket or play mat
-Hood-down hoodie
-And much more.
 
About the author:
 
Daniel Yuhas's work has been featured in the magazines Interweave Knits, YarnForward, and Creative Knitting; the books Fresh Designs: Scarves, The 10 Secrets of the Laid back Knitter, Me Make Monster, and Luxury Yarn One-Skein Wonders; and online on Knitty and Knit circus. He lives in Portland, Oregon and regularly teaches at regional and national fiber festivals.
 
In my opinion:
 
Daniel has put a spin on knitting by starting with a few stitches and knitting outward from the center. This book is very unique and creative. I loved learning how Daniel got started as a knitter. Knitting stories are always interesting to me because they are so unique and different. I learned that Daniel loved breaking knitting rules and trying new techniques.
 
I love how free knitting can be. We may just stick to a pattern but sometimes we need to branch out and spread our wings to fly to another destination. There are many different types of scarves shown in Knitting from the Center Out including a coral and pearl necklace, lace and loop scarf and foxglove boa scarf. This book also has hats + mittens + socks and the hat that caught my attention was the sorting hat. I thought it was super clever and perfect for Halloween. I guess I'll have to knit one for next year. It would be perfect for Witches Night Out.
 

Another pattern that caught my eye was the swatch less watch cap which seemed simple and easy.  Also, I was dying over the medallion caps (shown below). I love Fall colors. Could someone please explain to me why it has snowed today. If you don't live in Utah, you are truly lucky. It isn't that bad but two weeks of Fall is just not enough.

 
Isn't this teddy bear precious? Knitting from the Center Out also provides some patterns for toys. The best part about this book was the section, "Tutorials." Hey, if you are like me and get stuck on a pattern for days, it is nice to have step by step instructions + pictures. This book truly is wonderful and has a bunch of different modern projects. I definitely recommend this book to anyone with a love of knitting. I know you will enjoy it as much as I did.


Disclosure of Material Connection: This is a sponsored post. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.
 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews