Thursday, October 4, 2012

Try it Thursday & Review {Jason Wright: The 13th Day of Christmas}

Today on
"Try it Thursday & Review,"
I have a special Christmas book to share with all of you.
Since I love Christmas, I was super excited to receive a copy of
The 13th Day of Christmas by
Jason F. Wright.
If you haven't heard of Jason Wright, you are definitely missing out. Known for writing inspirational stories that motivate readers to act, Jason F. Wright is sure to make another mark on the hearts of his readers with his powerful new release, The 13th day of Christmas. He is the author of The Christmas Jars, The Wednesday Letters and The Wedding Letters. Jason lives with his wife, Kodi, and their four children in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. This book will definitely put you in the Christmas spirit this year and years to come.
About:

“In The 13th Day of Christmas, Wright tells the story of a familiar tradition, but with a new twist. Who really wrote the Christmas carol, “The 12 Days of Christmas,” and have we had the lyrics and title wrong all this time?

Charlee Alexander, a nine-year-old who has just been diagnosed with cancer, discovers gifts and folded notes on her doorstep the twelve days leading up to Christmas. To her surprise, the “true” authors of the song are leaving these gifts for her to finally try and correct the long forgotten and incorrect lyrics of the song, as well as establish that there aren't just twelve days of Christmas, rather thirteen. And it’s the thirteenth day of Christmas that is by far the most important.

This new book will motivate readers to act on the new (and old) tradition of the 13th day of Christmas!"

In my opinion:

I am a huge fan of Jason Wright. He writes amazing stories that will lift ones spirit. This book was inspirational allowing one to discover the true meaning of Christmas. The main point that Wright portrayed was the day after Christmas. Not only do we celebrate Christ's birth during the Christmas season, but we should celebrate by living like Him the rest of the year. I love that thought! He also challenged the reader to participate in doing the 13 days of Christmas project.

I also loved the characters, Marva and Charlee. Their friendship was sweet and warm. They needed each other. I know that people come into our lives at certain times for certain reasons. This book was a great example of friendship and love. I definitely recommend The 13th Day of Christmas to everyone this Christmas season. It will change your perspective and bring you closer to God.


How to enter to win a copy of The 13th Day of Christmas?
{Please leave your email address with one of your comments}

Mandatory

Be or become a follower of Sweetly Made (Just for you)

Additional Entries

Check out Jason Wright's website {here} and tell me something you learned.
Like Jason on facebook and follow on twitter.
Tell me if you read one of Jason Wright's other books and which was your favorite.
Like Sweetly Made (Just for you) on facebook and twitter (each worth an entry).
Check out my Etsy shop and tell me your favorite item
Add my Etsy shop to your favorites.

This giveaway is open from October 4th through October 11th. The winner will be chosen via random.org and will be announced on October 12th. Please leave your email so I may contact you if you are the winner. Thank you and good luck to ALL of you that enter to win this fabulous book.

"Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. 

Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. I follow Sweely Made(just for you) m(dot)reano(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I follow you via email and GFC: allibrary.

    Nancy
    allibrary (at) aol (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I learned that his web site shows his school visits and his events and signings.

    Nancy
    allibrary (at) aol (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like Jason on FB

    Nancy
    allibrary (at) aol (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have not read any of his books ... yet!

    Nancy
    allibrary (at) aol (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hearted your 12 Days of Christmas Advent Stockings in your shop on Etsy.

    Nancy
    allibrary (at) aol (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hearted your Etsy shop.

    Nancy
    allibrary (at) aol (dot) com

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews