Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Try it Tuesday & Review {Comfort Knitting & Crochet: Babies & Toddlers}

Hey everyone! I've missed you!
I've been pretty busy doing Mommy School with Eli and I recently joined Pampered Chef as a consultant (not active till October 1st, 2012). Oh, did I mention that I've been knitting a ton of Christmas Stockings. So, I've been busy! Of course, I find time for my wonderful sponsors. Thanks again!

This week for 
"Try it Tuesday & Review,"
I wanted to share with you a wonderful knitting and crochet book called
Comfort Knitting & Crochet: Babies & Toddlers.
50 Knit and Crochet Designs Using Berroco's Comfort and Vintage Yarns


About:

In Comfort Knitting & Crochet: Babies & Toddlers (October 2012) the design team at Berroco and Norah Gaughan, author of Knitting Nature, have put together 50 patterns for a variety of styles - from sweet and traditional pastels and fresh citrusy palettes, to modern aesthetics and classic aran knits - all with unbeatable flair. Includes clothing and toys for infant and toddler, with nearly half the book devoted to beloved baby blankets.

About the Author:

Berroco began as Stanley Woolen Mills in 1810 and has gradually evolved into one of the largest importers and wholesales of yarns, patterns, and supplies to independent yarn shops throughout the United States and Canada. Norah Gaughan, author of STC's Knitting Nature and Comfort Knitting & Crochet: Afghans, is Berroco's design director; her work has been published by almost all of the major yarn companies and knitting magazines in the industry. She lives in New Hampshire.

In my opinion:

Who can resist making beautiful creations for their Babies & Toddlers? Personally, I love knitting for little ones and I love working with Berroco Comfort DK yarn. It is super soft and it's easy to cuddle up with your baby or toddler. This book has a variety of fun projects to knit and/or crochet. My favorite projects are...
{no particular order}
1-Cleire Cardigan-This is perfect for crochet lovers who need a beautiful sweater for their daughter or granddaughter.


2-Paddington Coat-This pattern uses Berroco Comfort yarn for you to knit a beautiful and stylish sweater coat. It also has a mix of checkerboard and cables throughout the pattern. Fabulous!


3-Slice Cap-This pattern can be used in two different ways-baseball cap or ruffled-brim cap. It is perfect for girls and boys.


4-Pink Lemonade Dress-This is another pattern for crochet hooks. I think I may need to learn how to crochet. I loved how adorable and simple this pattern is. Perfect for spring or summer!


5-High Fidoodlity Blanket-Love, love this! I love tents! What a great way to display a funky 1960's styled blanket to play or read under.


6-Lastly the Compass Cap-I love the twisted ribbing and round cables on this cap. Perfect, modern and traditional all in one.



Overall, I love Comfort Knitting & Crochet: Babies & Toddlers. It is the perfect book and offers a ton of projects-50 to be exact. I think it would be hard to resist making soft, snuggly things for babies. Don't you think? Well, I highly recommend this wonderful book. 

Disclaimer: I received one or more of the products or services for free in the hope that I would mention them on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews