Thursday, August 16, 2012

Try it Thursday & Review {Morehouse Farm}

It is another wonderful week of
"Try it Thursday & Review."

Today, I wanted to feature my project I made from
Morehouse Farm
{Part 2}

One of the local knitting stores here in Utah started an Unraveled Games which is a big knit-a-long during the Olympic games. It was super fun and I was excited to use a pattern I received from Morehouse Farm.

I was given the Rub'al Khali Scarf Knitkit which included the pattern and 3 skeins of Morehouse Merino Lace yarn. The pattern was inspired by Rub'al Khali Desert, Arabia photographed from space by NASA. The pattern wasn't too hard but I was afraid that I wouldn't finish in time. Well, surprisingly I finished a few days before the Olympics ended so it was the perfect project for the games. There were a lot of stitches since it was knitted the long way (about 300-590). The only problem I had was when the pattern said, "Unravel the dropped stitches down to Row 2." That made me nervous so I'll have to take my scarf to the knitting store to make sure I did it correctly. Also, I probably should have used a different bind-off row. I just used a bind-off row I learned from my grandma so it probably wasn't the best decision. Moreover, I think my new scarf is beautiful and I look forward to wearing it in the Fall/Winter.

Here is a close up of my scarf...





Check out Morehouse Farm for more Knitting patterns, tools and yarn.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews