Thursday, July 12, 2012

Try it Thursday & Review {Morehouse Farm}




It is another wonderful week of
"Try it Thursday & Review."

Today, I wanted to feature
Morehouse Farm 
{Part 1}

If you are familiar with my blog, you would know that I love to knit. It is one of my favorite pastimes so I was excited when I was contacted to choose a Knitkit from Morehouse Farm and try it out.

Morehouse Farm is a wonderful knitting company located in the Hudson River Valley in New York State.
"In 1988 they started a new venture with Morehouse Merion Knitting Yarn. Processed an spun entirely in the USA, their supersoft Morehouse Merino is a pleasure to knit with and is guaranteed not to itch. Our ready-to-knit kits, from critter scarves to fine lace shawls, are popular with knitters of all ages and skill levels."

Are you a knitter? 
Morehouse Farm is the perfect place to purchase knitting kits such as baby items, bags & purses, critter kits, hats, home accessories, lace shawls, mittens, ponchos, scarves, small projects, socks, slippers, leggings, sweaters for adults and sweaters for children.

Here are a few of their awesome knitting kits...



Isn't this the coolest bag you've ever seen? It is super fun and perfect for those Gator fans.






Knit Kit





This would be a fun project for a newborn to about 4-6 months.






What did I choose?
Well, it was hard to decide. There were so many wonderful Knitkits so I gave my correspondence a few options.

I was privileged to receive the Rub'al Khali Scarf kit. I wanted an easy project with lace yarn. I received the pattern and 3 skeins of Morehouse Merino Lace Yarn. When the package arrived, I was pretty impressed with the yarn. The yarn was super soft so I made sure my little two year old didn't get near it. I could tell that it would not itch my skin. I was also excited because the 2012 Summer Olympics is starting in a few weeks. I thought the Rub'al Khali Scarf kit would be the perfect project to start on during the Olympics. Plus, I signed up at our local yarn store to do the Olympic challenge. Once I finish my project, I'll share my photos with ALL of you. The best part about Morehouse Farm is that they have a variety of Lace Shawls & Scarves Knitkits which is perfect for summer. Be sure to check out all of their Knit kits {HERE}.

Morehouse Farm is also doing a giveaway.

All you need to do a facebook share with others or tweet RT on twitter. The contest winner will be announced on July 20th. The winner will win a kit of their choice.
{Note: The winner will not be announced on my blog}

I definitely recommend Morehouse Farm to all you knitters out there. They use supersoft Merino knitting yarn, grown and spun in the USA.

Thank you for checking out Sweetly Made (Just for you). I appreciate your love and support!

Disclaimer: I received one or more of the products or services from Morehouse Farm for free in the hope that I would mention their products on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.


Photobucket

2 comments:

Total Pageviews