Monday, December 19, 2011

Couponing: The Extreme Video Course





Today for
"Sweetly Organize IT,"
I wanted to share with you some tips I learned from
Couponing: The Extreme Video Course.
 
 




As an organizer, I love being prepared before heading to the store. I also love using coupons so I plan my shopping trip ahead of time.
 
Rayven Perkins is the creator of the website called Stay a stay at home mom. She
made some fabulous videos on how to save money. I had the wonderful opportunity of viewing Couponing: The Extreme Video Course. There were 14 different videos which included the following topics:
 
Introduction to Couponing
Collecting Coupons
Organize your Coupons
7 Rules of Couponing
Double Coupons
Free Item Coupons
Shopping at Target
Shopping at CVS
Shopping at RiteAid
Shopping at HEB
Shopping at Walgreens
Couponing Ethics
YMMV- Your Mileage May Very
Your Stockpile
 
 In my opinion, the videos were instructive and easy to understand. Rayven was a great speaker and offered some great advice.  I enjoyed learning about the 7 Rules of Couponing.
 
1-Match Coupons with Sales-If you get the Sunday newspaper, you could see what the store's sales are that week and match your coupons.
2-Use a coupon on the smallest item allowed-I love this idea because you want to get as close to FREE as you can. I'd rather get the item for free.
3-Utilize B1G1F Sales-This always confused me. Basically, these coupons are awesome. You can use 2 coupons on B1G1 because you are purchasing 2 products. For example: A candle is $10.99 and you have two $5 coupons, you will get 2 candles for .99 cents. Or if you have a B1G1F coupon, it will cancel out the sale price and you get 2 items for free. For example: The item is $8.99 and you have a B1G1F coupon of $8.99, you get two items for FREE. Wahoo!
4-Be willing to change-If you see a better deal for a different product you don't normally buy, get it.
5-Get a rain check
6-Store + Manufacturer's coupons-I love doing this especially at Target. RiteAid coupons are a little confusing. They may have the RiteAid symbol and say Manufacturer's coupon on it but it is actually the store's coupon so you could use it plus a Manufacturer coupon to save even more. Check that it has RC on the UPS code.
7-Stockpile!
 
I am a beginner couponer but often wondered what it would be like to be an extreme couponer. I really enjoyed each video because I learned new ways to beomce a better couponer. If you want to be an extreme couponer, you will need to buy multiple newspapers, print coupons online and spend about an hour or more each month organizing all of the coupons. I'm sure it will take time but you will get used to it.
 
Check out Stay a stay at home mom for new ideas on how to save money.
 

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews