Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Try it Tuesday & Review

It is another wonderful week of
"Try it Tuesday & Review."
I was given the opportunity of reviewing
Lion Brand yarn found {HERE}.
Since I'm very familiar with their yarn, I was super excited.
I love Lion Brand!
I often use their Wool Ease yarn.
The best part about Lion Brand is that you can purchase their yarn from
Joannes, Michaels, Hobby Lobby and Roberts.

I was also allowed to choose two different skeins.
There were so many yarns to choose from.
I was getting very excited!
But, I knew I needed to narrow down my search.
So, I settled on Vanna's Glamour in a diamond color and
Sock Ease in the green apple color.
I couldn't wait to try them.
And, I knew exactly what I'd do with them once they were shipped to me.


They finally arrived!
First, I tried out the Vanna's Glamour yarn in diamond.

Did you know?
"As elegant as the exquisite gowns that Vanna White wears on TV, this specially-designed premium yarn is supremely soft and easy-care. It's also lightweight to give all your projects elegance and drape. Used alone or combined with Vanna's Choice®, Vanna's GlamourTM makes fashion items and accessories that shimmer with light."

I thought it was very lightweight and easy to work with. Of course I wanted to choose a Lion Brand pattern so I went with the Wedding Favor Bags pattern. I love how Lion Brand has free patterns. All you need to do is join their community found {HERE} and you can get so many free and fun patterns.


Aren't these adorable?
Here are two wedding favor bags that I made. Quick and easy!
{At the moment, I need a battery charger since I lost mine so this is the best
shot I could take from my video camera).

The pattern was made for beginners. It was pretty easy to follow. And, there were so many fun colors to choose from.


{Gold}


{Jewel}


{Sapphire}


{Topaz}

Next time, I need to get a different color so I could use it for the string.
So, if you have a wedding to plan or a bridal shower or a baby shower, this pattern would be perfect.

Then, I used Sock Ease which I was way excited about.
I didn't realize they had yarn for socks. There are 14 different colors available in the Sock Ease yarn.
And, since I knit tiny Christmas stockings, I
thought it would be perfect to try out the Green apple color.
I love traditional Christmas colors.


I love how the tiny Christmas stocking turned out.
I even got some advice from my Lion Brand representative.
She was so helpful and I appreciated her kindness.

So, if you are looking for a sock pattern, check out Lion Brand yarn found {HERE}. Don't forget to join their community so you can grab some free patterns.



Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I love all Vanna's Yarn! Its great to work with. I can't wait to get through my stash and slowly replace it

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews