Monday, August 22, 2011

Sweetly Organize IT

Well, it is another week of "Sweetly Organize it." Have you been inspired to clean out a closet or under your bed yet? If so, keep on reading. If not, keep on reading anyway.

Today, I wanted to share with you how to organize for FREE.
Since I am on a budget each week I don't have the money to spend on all those wonderful organizing containers. So, I have to improvise. What do I have around the house to help me organize those tiny areas that Eli can get a hold of? And he is certainly getting into EVERYTHING.

So, I finally decided to clean out our ugly desk cubbies. I would love to replace the desk but it isn't a priority right now. I'm trying to save up so if you are interesting in ordering a Christmas stocking, headband, etc from me, I would love to hear from you.

Anyway, first I took out everything from the desk cubbies. It was mostly cds, printer instruction manuels, paper, cords, etc. And there are a lot of little things Eli can get into. Plus, I was tired of cleaning up after him and telling him "No."


Here is all the stuff!


Here is the ugly desk that Adrian brought into the marriage. Yes, I hate it but it works for now.
Someday, I'll get to replace it. But, for now I must wait.
Next, I cleaned out the cubbies.


Then I found some boxes that weren't being used. The black box holds printer paper. The red/brown box holds my own "stuff" like notebooks, planners, etc. I also added a plastic container for pens and notepads since I'm always writing "to do lists." The gray box with the beautiful red ribbon holds cords, computer games and other small gadgets. I placed all of the cds behind the gray box.

And....it actually worked. Of course, Eli does take out the smaller box but he leaves everything else. Success! Now, what do I do with the mouse? I guess there is always something he can get his little hands on. At least I don't have to keep picking up the papers, pens, etc.

Does anybody have FREE tips on how to organize? If so, please let me know. I would love to have you be my guest on "Sweetly Made (Just for you).

1 comment:

  1. Ugg, looks like my computer desk. I hate not having doors to shut everything behind but I will have to wait as well. I am a new GFC follower and would love if you followed me back at My 2 Cents
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews