Monday, August 8, 2011

Sweetly Organize IT

Thanks for visiting Sweetly Made (Just for you).

Today for "Sweetly Organize IT," I wanted to show you how I organized the toys.

I promised myself that I wouldn't buy my little guy tons of toys. But, somehow we accumulated A LOT. I guess I couldn't help getting him toys that would educate him and allow him to play.


BEFORE

So, here is a picture of our little toy area BEFORE I orgaznied. Yikes! This is found in our family room/living room so everyone who visits notices our mess right when they walk in. So, I thought that it was time to get busy and organize.

TIPS:

First, I looked through the toys and asked myself a ton of questions. Does Eli play with it? If not, it goes down to the basement. Could it be stored somewhere else? Is there enough room for it here? What baskets/containers could I store it in?


Then, I sorted the toys. I placed the toys (stuffed animals, cars, balls, ducks, etc) in the blue bucket and labled it toys. Then I put all of the books and a few stuffed animals in the basket. Eventually, I would love to get another blue bucket and label it books but for now, this is what I have in the home. The blue bucket was found at Wal-mart.


AFTER

Now, it looks like I didn't just throw his toys back in one corner. It is organized and simplified. And I won't be embarrassed when a friend stops by. Do you have any tips on organizing your toy area? I would love to hear your comments. Thanks and have a wonderful week!

1 comment:

  1. I have the same buckets in my little boy's room. Love them. :)

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews