Monday, July 11, 2011

Sweetly Organize IT

I decided that for Sweetly Organize IT, I would tell you some ways to organize a birthday party.

I started planning Eli's 1st Birthday a couple months ago. I love planning and preparing.

I didn't know that the party would be in California but I remained calm and went to work.
So, here are some ideas to get you started...

#1 Decide on a party theme-I went with a bear theme.


#2 Make a list-I love lists because they keep me organized and if I forget something, I could jot it down.
Here is my list...

When-July 3rd
Where-Newport Beach, CA
Who-Family
Invitations-I bought my invites at Target. It didn't have a bear on it but it had a red #1 which was fine with me.
Shedule-BBQ, Cake, games, presents
Colors-Red, blue, white and a tint of yellow
Decorations-I used a photo of Eli with his bear, a stuffed bear, red and blue balloons, cupcake holder, pretty jars, bear themed napkins, plates and a table cloth. I also used a #1 cupcake topper for the cupcakes.
Treat bags-I found some cute blue and white polka dotted bags at Target. I filled them with gummy bears, cinnamon bears and chocolate bears. I also inserted a thank you card.
Food-I was planning on PB/J bear sandwiches, grapes, water bottles and teddy grahams but we had a BBQ instead. I also used glass jars and filled them with all the treats for the treat bags. My sister n' law made some cute name tags to place in front of the glass jars. I also was planning on making a bear cake but my mom bought some cupcakes and a mini cake for Eli instead. It was a lot easier to buy.
Games-My mom did a few games while I cleaned Eli up. I was planning on a bear scavenger hunt, bear relay race, etc but it didn't work out.
Thank you cards-I used Shutterfly to create adorable thank you cards.


#3 Gather everything-I put everything into recycled bags. It was easy to carry and it all fit.
#4 Be flexible- Sometimes things don't work the way you planned. I planned on having the party in my home but we decided to go to California. It worked out better and my mom was able to help.



Here are the fun jars that I bought at the dollar store.


Here are the party decorations. I placed the ELIJAH banner on the bush which worked out perfectly.


Here is my cute family.


Eli had no idea what was going to happen.



I think it was too much for him. My mom went with Lemon cake which was perfect. Not too messy. By the way...have plenty of wipes. I ended up taking him to a restroom to clean him up and change his shirt.

Overall, it was a fun party. It was a little stressful but now I can enjoy looking at the photos.
Also, if you plan on using a camcorder...make sure it is on the right setting. My husband thought he was filming but it was on the wrong setting so we didn't get any of Eli eating his cake. But, we got plenty of photos.

3 comments:

  1. Cute decorations! We wish we could have been there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so so so so cute! Thank you so much for following and entering the giveaway. Good luck girl

    A mommy's life...with a touch of YELLOW
    tyandwhitneyulrich.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute spread! I've seen those dollar jars & never thought to use them for a candy bar... looks great!

    -caroline @ c.w.frosting

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews