Friday, June 17, 2011

The Miss Adventures of Susie Homemaker {Review}

A few weeks ago Margaret from The Miss Adventures of Susie Homemaker found {HERE} offered me a free E-design of any room in my house. I was super excited! I thought it would be fun to have a personal home designer. So, I agreed. Margaret sent me a detailed questionnaire and told me to send some pictures so she could put together a conceptual design. I decided my master bedroom definitely needed a makeover. A month ago, my husband and I started buying a few blue pillows to re-decorate our bedroom. But, we didn't have a plan so the E-design came at the perfect time. So, I took all of the measurements and took A LOT of photos. It was actually really fun because I knew in the end I would have my expert designer help us build a romantic atmosphere.

Here is a picture of our bedroom. I know...it is pretty boring but we've only been married for six years and our bedroom is gigantic.


My husband hates the purple comforter. So, it will definitely be replaced once I figure out our budget.

I told Margaret that I wanted a more contemporary look along with dark wood. I also told her our colors-blue, white, brown and an accent color. I also told her our budget is between $5,000-$10,000. I wasn't quite sure and thought it was pretty reasonable.

After about a week, the E-design was completed and Margaret sent me the plans. I was blown away by all of the hard work that she put into designing our bedroom. She was simply amazing!

Here is what she came up with?


I am in love with the orange chair! I love that she brought in the orange as an accent color. Doesn't it feel romantic? Her is what she sent me:

-Budget Estimate-Store, price, description and item no.
-Design board-picture of all of the items
-Bed Elevation-sketch of bed area
-Master bedroom plan-sketch of where everything will fit

The grand total of this beautiful master bedroom makeover is $3800. Wow! Can you believe it? And, I'm sure we could bring that price down to $3000 but we shall see. She suggested that our main focus should be on our bed. Also, I love the reading nook (where the orange chair will go) as well as the trunk (to hold ALL of our blankets). I was really impressed with Margaret! She did such a wonderful job. So, if you are interested in an E-design...I strongly recommend that you check our her other deigns found {HERE}. You won't be disappointed. She spent a lot of time and was under my budget. Thanks again Margaret. I really appreciate your time and effort on this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews