Monday, April 18, 2011

Sweetly Organize IT

Today, the "IT" is my holiday cupboard. If you have a cupboard that needs a little TLC, take a few tips from me and get to work. This cupboard was organized at one time by my own mother but it got neglected. So, it is time to re-organize. It will be easy! I promise.

BEFORE

1-First, take EVERYTHING out of the cupboard and wipe any crumbs or dust that you see.



2-Next, group items together. For example, candles, dishes, Christmas, etc. They aren't grouped in the pictures but you get the idea. Also, color coordinate your items. If an item doesn't belong, then place it aside till you finish. I took out my Halloween items and put them in the correct bin downstairs.

Are you feeling overwhelmed? Grab a snack...

3-This is my favorite part. Now that you have your items grouped together, put them back on the cupboard. I put all of my plates on the top shelf and candles/holiday decor on the bottom shelf.


AFTER

Now, doesn't it look so much neater? All done. It wasn't that bad? And I didn't even label anything.
Try one cupboard at a time and then it won't be so stressful. I know these are basic steps, but organization is pretty basic in my opinion. Good luck! Till next time...

1 comment:

  1. It looks so much better! You should come over and help me with mine!

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews