Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Sweet Tutorials

Hey bloggers...It's Emilee here from Sweetly Made (Just for you). It is week two of my new series called, "Sweet Tutorials."

I hope you are still excited to learn how to knit. I sure am.

Today, I will teach how to do a knit stitch. There are two basic stitches-KNIT and PURL or K & P.

First, grab some yarn and some knitting needles. I'm using the same yarn and needles as I did in week #1.

Next, insert right needle from front to back as shown above.


Wrap the yarn from the skein around the point of the right needle. The yarn now lies between the two needles.


Now you are going to take the right needle down, under and up in front of the left needle. The right needle holds a new loop.


Do it again so you have two stitches on right needle.

Do you want to see it again with different pictures???



WOW! You now have three stitches.
Continue till you finish knitting all of the stitches to the opposite needle.


You finished one row. Way to go!


Flip your needle and start over with the knit stitch. Another term you will need to familiarize yourself with is Garter Stitch=knit each row

Isn't that so exciting! Wait until next week.
I will teach you how to purl and then we will have some fun.

1 comment:

  1. This would have been really helpful when I was learning to knit! Great instructions :)

    Thanks so much for linking to "20 Below Thursday"! :)

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews